Court ordered child support follows California’s Child Support Guidelines. However, incomes change, child sharing plans change and your initial support order may need to be modified. We can explain how a state child support guideline will apply to you, help you enforce a support order, and get money owed to you.

There are a number of reasons to modify a child support order. These reasons may be, but are not limited to, an increased amount of support provided for another child, an increase or decrease in income, changes in custodial or visitation rights, or the desire to move with your child to a new city/state.

Mother and daughter shopping in supermarket

Mother and daughter shopping in supermarket

The amount of support may be increased or decreased in certain circumstances. For example, if one parent’s income changes, the change in income may warrant the court to grant modifications to your existing court orders. However, you should know that in order to modify your court order, you must have a new order signed by the court. These types of questions require a consultation with an experienced family law attorney.

Mach Law will advocate for the enforcement of orders that are not being fulfilled by either parent, as well as assist in making updates to the court order that is currently in place. If you are having trouble with an existing child support order or you have experienced job loss, disability or other life changes, contact the attorneys at Mach Law who can advocate on your behalf.

Mach Law Is Here to Serve Your Legal Needs

Mach Law is dedicated to serving San Diego’s family law needs. You may be overwhelmed or going through a difficult time and we would be honored to be at your side to advocate on your behalf and guide you through the legal process. Let us help you and your loved ones. Contact us for all of your questions regarding family law with a free consultation by giving us a call at (619) 398-3468 today.